Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Few Things I've Worked on

Oh, that little button type thing on the left side is my Ravelry button. It just didn't show up and I'll fix it when I'm back home. But it does work if you click on it.

I have decided to take a break from yard sales until the Bargains Galore event in August. I told mom that we should save our money till then. So, told her to save the money she had planned to spend this weekend at sales so we'd have a nice little collection by August for the 160 miles worth of yard sales. I only have $5 anyway but its a start. So I'll save my $5 and she'll save her $25. She said she'll give me the money because she's not good at holding onto it. I am mainly because I don't like to go to the store by myself. So, no more garage sale stories until August unless I see a sale in the paper that has something I'd want to go look at.

Oh I do have one small yrd sale story. Its not much of one but I think its kind of funny. At one sale, the sign on the road said Sale Garage Big. It was like this on the sign:

Sale
Garage
Big

Drove me nuts everytime I passed it. Shouldn't it read the other direction? And when we finally stopped there, there was an older lady and she kept talking to me! And not my mom. I have no clue why she was talking to me and not my mom...especially since mom was the one buying something. She bought a college textbook on learning Word, Excel, etc. So there's the small story.

Moving on...I got my hat from the hat swap. I'll post the pictures soon. It is blue and green. two of my fave colors. She also sent me some hook grippers and an afghan pattern book. I love patterns and grippers so it was a great day for the mail. I also got a book that day I've been waiting on.

I signed up for the July hat, scarf, member's choice, granny square and pattern book swaps. So we'll see how that goes. I have completed two patterns yesterday.

The water bottle sling which can be found at http://vallieskids.blogspot.com/2009/06/v-stitch-water-sling.html It is for me for when I mow the yard I can carry water around. The yard takes me almost 2 hours total to mow with a push mower and I only take one break and that is after i get the front yard done. I made it in Red Heart Strata Pogo color.

The second pattern I finished was the Thick and Quick Hotpad which can be found at www.marloscrochetcorner.com I made it for my dad for a late father's day present. I made it in Red Heart Super Saver Buff Fleck, medium shade green (don't know what type of yarn), and a navy shade blue (also don't know what type. I think its Red Heart Super Saver jumbo). All are ww though.

I did both of those yesterday. I was so proud to actually get something done the same day I started it. And now I'm working on Lid Grabber which can be found at www.crochetnmore.com/lidgrabber.htm It is being made with the Buff Fleck and the navy blue from the hotpad. The hot pad turned out kind of camo-ish but the lid grabber is turning out to be more like school colors but I don't know whose. lol.

I'm also going to start on the 8 pocket tote bag (sure). And then come July I'll have to start making the hat, scarf, granny square and then I'm thinking on the lid grabber and a soup bowl cozy for the member's choice. I already have the pattern books chosen and the patterns for everything but the granny square. So should be fun.

1 comment:

  1. Wow you have been busy. I too so love one day projects, but I always tend to buy the patterns for those huge afghans.

    ReplyDelete