Saturday, June 20, 2009

Yard Sale and Gripe

Ok to start off with...I just found a website called What NOT to Crochet or something like that. I only read one post and it was about tissue box covers. I've never made one mainly because I don't have tissue boxes but I can see why someone would want to make them. But the page I was looking at was saying there is no reason to make them and that they are just plain stupid and that the one they had showed (was one of the free ones from anniesattic.com) was just so hideous looking and on and on. It was so stupid to read. They'd post that annie has crap on her site and what not. That is just so mean. I don't get the point of them posting that kind of crap. I'd posted on there and said that while it may not be my style (way too many flowers everywhere. just looked too busy for my tastes but it did have pretty colors) it was ugly. Then I included in there that if you don't like the item then just move on. Told them there was no reason to post about it and be mean. Stupid people. I don't go around telling people I don't like such and such. Someone worked hard on that tissue box cover and then there they go being jerks about it. People tick me off to ne end sometimes. Thats why I want to be an animal officer. I get to rescue animals (because I like animals way more than people...sorry to say it. of course there are some people who are an exception) and then punish the people.

Moving on to a nicer topic now...

Yard Sale again!!! Mom and I went Friday. There were not many in the paper this time so we just went to all we found in there that we could figure out the addy to. At one I bought a box of books for $3.50 (counted them when I got home and there were 32 books total in there). I also bought some fabric, a few sewing patterns (got 4 free things of thread for buying something at one sale), a small ball of multi-colored yarn and a few hand lotions. I only had $10 this time around and spent all but $2.60 and then I spent that at the store because mom wanted to buy some gravy mix. I also bought a purse (that she said was new and I got it for $1) and a little bucket that had 3 new bags of different kinds of bath salts. Mom bought some books, a few VHS movies, bread slicer holder thing, a hot pad, a mug warmer and a few other odds and ends. There was one sale that was selling some Avon stuff. There were two perfumes that I've been wanting but she was selling them for $10 each. I told her I only had a $5 left (because i did at that time) and she said she'd sell it to me for $5. but i wanted both but i didn't buy either because i have 3 perfumes at the apt and I have yet to wear them anywhere. Overall it wasn't too bad a day. Again most of the people didn't know how to price things. The lady who was in charge at the sale that I bought the box of books...she asked us what she thought she sale the books at. mom told her they tend to sale for $.25 each. they do tend to sell better for that much. mom and i will rarely buy a paperack that is $.50 or more unless we really want it.

I looked at the paper today and there were more sales in there than yesterday's paper. I think that is just stupid!!! Ther was one sale I would have loved to go to. They had Xbox 360 games for sale and I have been looking for some. Not fair that the stupid sale wasn't in the friday paper. the sale was going on since thursday so why wasn't it in the thursday or friday paper? Doesn't make sense to me. If they could only afford one day for the ad to be running then put it in for thursday or friday...not the last day of the sale. we would have gone but 1. we slept late and 2. we ran out of money on friday. lol. I think we're taking a break next weekend. oh there was one sale that had a purse i would have loved to get. it was $7.50 tho. i mean seriously who is gonna pay that at a yard sale? i would have asked if i could get it for less...except not a single soul was out there to ask. we were there waiting for like 5 minutes and no one came out. mom had coughed at one point and we were talking loud enough for someone to know we were back there. mom bought the heating pad there. she just put the money on a table and we left. i would have stolen that purse if i wouldn't have felt guilty afterwards. lol. i don't steal things but someone really should ahve been there. this was in a bigger town...well bigger than home but smaller than where my apt is. a lot of crime in that town and the house was not in the safest looking neighborhood. confused me but oh well. not my stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment