Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Yard Sales, Random, and Link

Ok one of these days I'm really going to get around to creating my own patterns and posting them. So far I've just been trying out other people's patterns. I got my June partners for a hat swap and also a coaster swap. So I got to get to making those and mailing them.

I do plan to start the 8 pocket tote from lionbrand.com except I dont have cotton yarn so I'll be using what I got already.

Oh!!! My mom and I went to yard sales Saturday and got some great deals. Lets see...I found a picture frame that was perfect for a picture that was sent to me of Neha who I sponsor from Childrens International. She is so cute (9 years old now I believe). But I've been looking for a frame forever and this one was just perfect. Of course I'll post pics of most of this stuff later just to show 'em off. lol. I also got an antique sewing machine with its own cabinet for $15. It still works to but problem is I don't know how to sew. I always planned on learning (along with getting knitting down, embroidery, quilting, candle making, soap making, etc.) . Then at another sale (that we accidentally came across...we'd missed our turn for another yard sale so we were going to turn around in this one neighborhood just bc i always wanted to go down and see the houses so we turned there and saw a yard sale sign) I found sewing patterns and some material. I got 9 patterns for $.05 each (the price on the patterns that was the price if u bought them at the store was between $12.99- $15.99) and the material was definately over a yard for $.25. I only paid total $0.70 for it all. Mom and I had added up the original prices on the patterns and it came to over $100 so i got one heck of a deal. I asked mom if she thought that someone was trying to tell me something like learn how to sew. lol

I got a box of yarn. I don't recall what type...Oh wait I do have a skein already. BRB.

Bernat Baby Coordinates is what I bought. There were like 7 full skeins and a couple partial skeins. I got the whole box for $6. I looked at walmart and the price they have for one skein of this is like $3.50 here. So yay for me! I also found at the same place a carry thing. I don't know how to describe it. martha Stewart showed how to make one on her crocheting and knitting show she just had not too long ago. Help me out if u have any idea of what I might be talking about. lol. Thanks. I got some other random stuff but that was the cool stuff I was thrilled about.

Gotta love yard sales. Mom found a bread machine that works (paid $1 even tho the sticker said $3 but mom had asked if it worked and the lady didn't know so she just let us have it for $1. she's the same lady i bought the yarn from) and a shredder ($7. she had one but it broke and my grandfather is never going to fix it so she wanted another one) and some other odds and ends. But it was a great day!!! Only downer is I got a sore throat from it all (guess someone had it and I got it...darn them!). sunday it grew worse...i felt like i was coming down with the flu. monday i felt better but today i have a cold. i worked hard to not get sick. i've been around 2 people (not in the last few weeks tho) who had colds and i didn't get sick from them. so why now? Oh well...I'll live I guess. just sucks thats all.

I actually started this post to let you know about this blog
HERE. She has some cute stuff and I plan to maker her cornflower coasters but maybe add another row and see how that turns out. The coasters have to be at least 4inches for the swap so if it turns out nicely enough for me i'll just do that and send it.

Looks rainy...and i haven't gotten my neighbors kicked out yet. i imagine if i keep complaining and so does someone else (even tho its just me living above the neighbors and no one else is in this building but us but someone from the building next to us could...) that they'll eventually be kicked out. Long story tho.

1 comment:

  1. Wow it's sounds like you and your mom had a great day garage-selling. The baby yarn find alone was worth the day. I am an avid sewer and keep certain old sewing machine because they sew through leather beautifully. BTW if you don't like any of the sewing patterns you got you can always sell them on-line. I have a store on ecrater, where I sell old patterns....

    Can't wait for the neighbors story... even if it is long. I adore a good read.

    ReplyDelete